FLUCOTED is indicated in adults for the treatment of:
– Cryptococcal meningitis.
– Mucosal candidiasis including oropharyngeal, oesophageal candidiasis, candiduria.
– Vaginal candidiasis, acute or recurrent; when local therapy is not appropriate.
– Candidal balanitis when local therapy is not appropriate.
– Dermatomycosis including tinea pedis, tinea corporis, tinea cruris, tinea versicolor and dermal candida infections when systemic therapy is indicated.
– Tinea unguinium (onychomycosis) when other agents are not considered appropriate.
FLUCOTED is indicated in adults for the prophylaxis of:
– Relapse of cryptococcal meningitis in patients with high risk of recurrence.
– Relapse of oropharyngeal or oesophageal candidiasis in patients infected with HIV who are at high risk of experiencing relapse.
– To reduce the incidence of recurrent vaginal candidiasis (4 or more episodes a year).
– Prophylaxis of candidal infections in patients with prolonged neutropenia (such as patients with haematological malignancies receiving chemotherapy or patients receiving Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation).
FLUCOTED is indicated in term newborn infants, infants, toddlers, children, and adolescents aged from 0 to 17 years old:
– Treatment of mucosal candidiasis (oropharyngeal, oesophageal), invasive candidiasis, cryptococcal meningitis
– Prophylaxis of candidal infections in immunocompromised patients.
– Maintenance therapy to prevent relapse of cryptococcal meningitis in children with high risk of reoccurrence.
Therapy may be instituted before the results of the cultures and other laboratory studies are known; however, once these results become available, anti-infective therapy should be adjusted accordingly.
Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antifungals.
This is only the preview. Please check here for the full indication.
Dosage form: Hard capsule
Packaging: 1's x 1